The main cause of cancer was discovered ages ago by a Nobel prize winning scientist in medicine in 1931.
In 1931 the German scientist Otto Heinrich Warburg received the Nobel Prize for the discovery of the cause of cancer. Cancer cells are able to generate energy in the absence of oxygen and healthy cells generate energy by oxidation. Therefore cancer cells lower mitochondrial respiration. The mitochondria is the powerhouse found in all of our cells and is necessary for life.
Cellular respiration in the absence of oxygen is acidifying. The acidic cell is lacking oxygen. If you don’t have oxygen, you are automatically acidic. Therefore, if one has excess in acidity, one has lack of oxygen in the system.
Depriving a cell of 35% oxygen for 48 hours will convert it to a cancer cell. This is an adaptive response to oxygen deprivation in order to tissues to survive without oxygen.
In summary, healthy cells live in an alkaline environment with the presence of oxygen. Tumour cells live in an acidic environment deprived of oxygen.
The food you eat has an effect on the acidity in your body.
Acidity is measured on a scale called pH, which runs from 0 to 14, where 7 is considered neutral. A low pH is acidic and a high pH is alkaline.
The blood is kept at a narrow pH range of 7.35 to 7.45. If the pH of our blood goes below 7, we enter a coma.
Foods that acidify our body:
- Refined sugar (this is the biggest culprit of acidity in our bodies. It is found in the majority of packaged foods we buy. It is devoid of any protein, fat, vitamins and minerals. Its pH is only 2.1)
- Meat products (dairy)
- Refined salt
- Refined flour (think bread, pasta, cookies, cakes…)
- Antibiotics and drugs in general
- Caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate)
- Tobacco (cigarettes)
- Cooked foods
- Packaged foods with artificial colouring, flavours, preservatives
The blood regulates itself in order for it to not become acidic and maintain cellular metabolism. The body needs alkaline minerals to neutralize the acidity of the blood from our food. In our modern lifestyle, the majority of people consume these acidifying foods at least 3 times a day, all year long.
Foods that alkalinize your body:
- All raw vegetables (even if they taste acidic; they contain oxygen; chlorophyll is very basic)
- Fruits (even though lemon tastes acidic and has a pH of 2.2, it is alkalinizing to our bodies)
- Seeds and nuts (especially almonds)
- Whole grains
- Water (chronic dehydration plays an important role in degenerative diseases)
- Exercise oxygenates the body
You want to eat at least 60% of your foods from the alkaline side. Avoid foods high in sugar such as pop. Don’t eat too much salt in your diet either.
Those that are currently sick should have an 80% alkaline diet.
“There is no natural death. All deaths from so-called natural causes are merely the end point of a progressive acid saturation.” Dr. George W. Crile
To avoid cancer, it’s important to keep our bodies alkaline and to drink enough clean water.