Warming or Magic Socks is a technique that helps you reduce a fever naturally. How it works is that as your body warms the socks it draws the heat from the head to your feet, reducing your temperature and helps you break a fever faster. It’s a form of hydrotherapy.
What you’ll need:
- basin with warm water and a towel
- cotton socks
- woollen socks
- Before bed, place your feet in the basin with warm water. Just let your feet soak and heat up.
- Dry off your feet with a towel
- Run cotton socks under as cold water and you can get it. Ideally refrigerated or ice tap water.
- Wring the cotton socks to eliminate as much water as possible.
- Put the cotton socks on and put dry woollen socks on top.
- Go to sleep.
- Repeat as needed.